Thursday, August 11, 2011

The back story....

I moved into my current home a couple of years ago. It is a pretty nice home with most of the amenities of any other home. I have a comfy bed, a closet, a fridge, a stove, a sink, a shower, a washer and dryer, a computer, a radio.....etc. Only for me all of this is contained in a 1986 Dodge Conversion Van.....my "Vandaminium"

My "house" gets about 16-17 miles per gallon (more than all of my friends houses combined) and is not stuck in one place so when the scenery gets old I can easily move it for a different view. In the summer months I park near a river (that I work on as a River Guide) in western North Carolina and in the colder months I usually travel south to warmer climes. For the most part, the van runs well and a few hundred dollars every year keeps things going nicely.

Living in a van has certainly had it's share of challenges but for the most part it has been a great experience and has taught me how to live a simpler life with a lot less stress and a lot more free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment